Sunday 7 August 2011

Outter Limits

I've just arrived at the Gate for the Detroit flight. It's seriously the outer limit of the galaxy! You have to walk about 10 minutes down this long corridor. Nothing there except windows. Just a corridor. Strangest thing.

What really gets me, though, is they have the moving walkway, right? But only going one direction! So, great, if you're a passenger who gets out to the gate and doesn't have to walk back, but what if you're a standby passenger who doesn't make the flight? Or an employee who does that trip every few hours? Seriously, so odd. But very common in Britain. I can't tell you how often I've seen escalators that only go up. Sure, in theory it's not as difficult to go down, but actually, it's harder on your knees, so if you have knee problems...... or, if you're carrying luggage......

One of those things that just makes me smile about being in Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've opened the comments to allow anyone to post, but if you're posting as "Anonymous" please leave a name so we can get back to you!