Saturday 6 August 2011

Destination Detroit?

Well, here I am, back at the airport. Got all checked in and through security. Again, they won't let you through security if they're not fairly confident that you'll get to board the flight.......

But here I am a second (4th) day at Heathrow, so we all know it's not infallible.

When I checked with the desk attendant, she said they were -1 already (that's one person on the list more than they have seats for.) But, actually -1 isn't that bad. I've frequently got on flights that were -14! It just really depends on who actually shows up.

Being the early morning flight (by early I mean 9.15), I have the best likely hood for getting on for two reasons:

1 - Not as likely to have people who missed their connection.
2 - More likely to have people who overslept.

I got up at 6.00 this morning, and my hotel was only 10 minutes from the Terminal. I didn't leave the hotel til 6.45, but still. How many people are going to be late for the airport because they had a few too many drinks last night? (I know, it's evil of me to hope someone misses a flight!)

So, we'll see what today brings. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've opened the comments to allow anyone to post, but if you're posting as "Anonymous" please leave a name so we can get back to you!