Monday 8 August 2011

Psych!

Yeah, you all thought I was either not getting out tonight, or winging my way to Minneapolis on rout to Billings. Well I fooled you! I'm on the last flight out to Phoenix! Yep, I'm going south instead of north. Figured since I was not going to get to meet my friend in Minneapolis, I could at least meet my friend in Phoenix! Ok, so maybe it had more to do with the fact that there was simply no way I was getting on that last flight. I quickly hurried to the rebooking desk and had them switch my ticket to Phoenix, which was leaving in literally 30 minutes, and on the other side of the terminal! I rang my friend as I ran to the gate. And my seat assignment was waiting for me.

I'm in the "nose bleed section" (ie - the very back of the plane) but hey, who cares! I'm ON.

Means I won't get home tonight (which.... kind of is the same as if I'd gone to Billings, which isn't home, either). My friend very kindly said I could crash with her. She only lives 20 minutes from the airport, so it's not too difficult. Of course tomorrow.... it will be an even sillier o'clock of the morning than today. Except, of course, that I don't have to check baggage (it's in Salt Lake). So, even though the flight is at 6 am, I don't have to get there at 4. 4.30 should be enough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've opened the comments to allow anyone to post, but if you're posting as "Anonymous" please leave a name so we can get back to you!