Saturday 6 August 2011

Last Minute Deals Rock!

Let me introduce you to my little room at the Stanwell Hotel in Stains. It's only a few minutes from Heathrow Terminal 4, but it's a little slice of civility, after the chaos of the airport.

I decided to book the hotel because after staying with my friends for 3 days, I just couldn't impose on them any longer. Bless them, they've been marvellous, but it's always an imposition to have someone stay.

Arrived (only slightly soggy) to the hotel and was very surprised. I booked it on Hotels.com, and it was one of their last minute offers things. Only £58 for the night, so very reasonable. Outside it's all Victorian brick. Inside it's all Modern minimalism. Really nice. The room even has an "entry way". As in, you go in one door (no lock) and then in another door (locked). Craziest thing I've ever seen. The bed's beautiful with soft pillows and a cushy duvet.

Dinner was a 3 course meal. I had grilled goats cheese for starters, pumpkin and butternut squash risotto for mains, and.... I'm not sure what dessert I'll choose. Either the strawberry tart or the chocolate creme brule. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, I'm really suffering tonight, you can tell, can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've opened the comments to allow anyone to post, but if you're posting as "Anonymous" please leave a name so we can get back to you!